Dynamic Avalanche Japan K.K. was formed in 2019 to provide snow avalanche consulting and ski resort management services for the Japanese market. Our Japanese business and services have grown from those provided globally by our parent company, Dynamic Avalanche Consulting Ltd. which was founded in 2011 and based in British Columbia, Canada.
We provide avalanche hazard and risk assessment, engineering, forecasting, control and training for snow avalanche risk management and mountain safety. Services are provided to private and public sector clients, including ski areas, highways, railways, energy sector development, land-use zoning, recreation, forestry, and mining.
Examples of services that we provide include:
- Snow safety and ski resort management;
- Avalanche terrain assessment and avalanche hazard and risk mapping;
- Avalanche safety plan development and implementation;
- Avalanche safety program reviews;
- Avalanche training and mountain safety;
- Avalanche hazard forecasting;
- Explosive avalanche control program design and implementation;
- Avalanche hazard and risk analysis for route and facility location planning for ski resorts, mining, energy and forestry projects;
- Avalanche protection system (e.g. defense structures) engineering and design;
- Snow climate studies;
- Avalanche accident investigation and expert witness.